The Tawba Islamic Center of Des Moines, Iowa is a non-profit, Islamic Religious
Organization, organized pursuant to Section 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of
1954 and Iowa Code 504.1301-1302.
Tawba Islamic Center is committed to the Islamic way of life based on the Qur’an and life
example of Prophet Muhammad. We serve as a center for religious development, social,
educational, economic, and cultural enrichment. We believe in the Oneness of God (Allah) and
the oneness of humanity. We are committed to promoting excellence in community life and
human dignity throughout our neighborhoods, city, country, and global community.
The Tawba Islamic Center proclaims the universal message of Islam that enables us to
foster the development and well-being of individuals, to empower families and to establish
The Tawba Islamic Center aims to
‣ Strengthen relations among Muslim individuals, families, and organizations.
‣ Promote Islamic, charitable, educational, cultural, social, and athletic activities to the
members of our Muslim community in Des Moines
‣ Develop a comprehensive understanding of Islam and the teaching of the Qur’an and
the Sunnah (Traditions) of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
‣ Enhance the commitment to Islamic, ethical, and moral standards.
‣ Instill the teaching of Islam among youth and the new generation of Muslims.
‣ Perform Islamic outreach (Da’wah) among Muslims and non-Muslims.
‣ Pursue mutual respect, understanding, and cooperation with other faith organizations.